So with the passing of Skittles came the tough talk you have to have with your children. We picked Noah and Max up from daycare and broke the news that Skittles died. This was the conversation in the car:
Mom: Noah we have some bad news
Noah: (with this look of worry) What?
Mom: Skittles died today
Noah: Why
Mom: Well remember she had been sick this week? Well sometimes animals that are old get sick and the vet can't give them enough medicine to make them feel better
Noah: Silence
Mom: Noah, you okay?
Noah: Well, I just have to go see her
Mom: You can't sweetheart. The vet is taking care of her
Noah: So does she have Xs on her eyes (all Jason and I can think of is that his characters on his video games get Xs on their eyes when they die)
Mom: Yes Noah she has Xs on her eyes
Max: I want to watch a movieeeeeee
Noah: What movie is playing?
a few minutes later
Noah: Maybe we can get a new animal
Mom & Dad: Well maybe we can think about it. It will be a while though
Noah: Well I have an idea maybe when you and daddy get married again then maybe we can get a new dog.
The things children think and say....
The Next Day:
Noah: Mom why are you bringing Skittles food in the car?
Mom: Well we don't need it anymore since Skittles isn't here. I am giving it to my boss at work so she can feed her 3 dogs.
Noah: 3 dogs, whoa!
Noah: We need to talk about this
Mom: Why?
Noah: She can't give it to 3 dogs only 1 dog can have the food.
No comments:
Post a Comment