Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sesame Street

Sesame Street Live......What an event. We had been talking about it with Noah all week long. For anyone that knows me this is a big deal. I grew up terrified of Costume Characters (Easter Bunny being the biggest phobia) and still get a little anxious to this day. So me taking Noah to such an event was huge.
We get to the Mabee Center and we get the toy ($15)....the one toy. Although when I asked Noah what he wanted he pointed to the Elmo Fuzzy Hat (looked like a pimp hat). I laughed and purchased this light up spinny thing instead - he seemed happy with it, UNTIL we walked in to find our seats. We were on the top floor, looking down at the stage and Noah freaked. Cried all the way to our seats on the 2nd row. My heart drops...I realize he is going to hate it. His little heart racing as he clings to me. We sit down and the show starts within a few minutes. It was loud. I am yelling Hi to all the animals and actually not as fearful. I wanted Noah to enjoy it....but I also didn't want to scar him for life by making him watch. See what plays out....

Him clinging to me before the show even started

By the 2nd song he is slowly peeking....maybe not so bad.
Ooh they come close to our seats.

Max enjoyed it from the beginning

Noah finally relaxed by the 4th song and let me turn him around.

Fireman Cookie Monster

Intermission with Luke. As happy as could be. Actually got out of his seat and danced for a few minutes.

By the end of the show he is pointing, standing up in his seat and yelling at Elmo, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch

And Max had enough stimulation to knock him out before the show was even over.

All in all it was a great day! Jason and I enjoyed it as well. Noah kept saying "That was a good show" all the way home.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh
My
God
And this is the person I used to play Scrabble with and watch Friends and get drunk at Joe's/Wormy Dog with. Times they are a-changin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails